Labour Law Training Pretoria | Labour Law Training Johannesburg | Gauteng | South Africa
(Courses, Seminars - South African Labour Law Specialist)
Johanette Rheeder Incorporated
(labour law attorneys, labour law training)
Johanette Rheeder is an admitted attorney of South Africa and specializes in labour and employment law and public and in-house training. Although we are based in Centurion, Gauteng we conduct training courses throughout South Africa and clients are invited to contact us for a quotation for their training requirements.
As a legal practice, Johanette Rheeder Incorporated strives to provide prompt and professional advice and service to its clients, based on skill, expertise and resources within the legal environment. As attorneys, Johanette Rheeder Inc specialises in Labour and Employment Law. Within these fields of expertise, it provides the following legal and professional services to its clients:
Within these fields of expertise, it provides the following legal and professional services to its clients:
- Labour litigation in the Labour Court, Labour Appeal Court and High Court, Supreme Court of Appeal and the Constitutional Court. We specialise in all types of labour litigation, including reviews, appeals, applications, urgent applications and interdicts.
- General legal advice and opinions on civil matters, labour and employment law.
- Chairing disciplinary hearings
- Representation in arbitrations in the CCMA and bargaining councils.
- Settlement negotiations and agreements.
- Advice, negotiations and settlement on retrenchment and incapacity.
- Wage negotiations and advise on all collective or union matters.
- Negotiating and drafting of collective agreements and recognition agreements.
- Assisting and advising on labour matters in forensic audits into employee related misconduct.
- Investigations into ethical and labour related complaints and misconduct
- Conducting webinars, in-house and public training for employers, managers and human resource practitioners on various labour related matters through Labour Smart training;
- Johanette specialises in employment equity. In this regard we draft EE plans, conduct consultations and perform the analysis, draft plans and reports and advise our clients on matters such as unfair discrimination and equal pay for equal value.
- Advise on the implementation of section 198A to D of the Labour relations Act re labour brokers, temporary, part time and vulnerable employees.
We also specialise and assist employers with the following services and training:
- How to initiate and chair disciplinary hearings.
- Presenting a case in the CCMA and Bargaining Councils.
- Guide to Employment equity in the workplace.
- Retrenchments and transfer of businesses.
- Conflict resolution and managing union relations.
- Yearly case updates.
- The effect of relevant legislation on businesses.
- Workplace discipline and dismissal.
- Preventing and dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace.
- The five challenges manages face daily.
- The Labour Relations Amendment acts; and
- Introduction to the Protection of Private Information Act for employers.
THE APPLICATION OF THE PRESCRIPTION ACT TO DISPUTES UNDER THE LABOUR RELATIONS ACT
By Alex Davies
Johanette Rheeder Incorporated
The application of the Prescription Act and specifically extinctive prescription in terms thereof has been a contentious matter in relation to disputes under the Labour Relations Act. There have been a number of differing views on the matter expressed by the Labour Court over time as detailed herein. Recent developments on the issue have brought finality to the matter for the foreseeable future, unless the legislature sees fit to amend the legislation as it stands.
Various cases are highlighted herein and summaries of the crucial aspects thereof are referred to for the purposes of the article. Please note however that the article is prepared as an overview of the legal principles applicable and is not a detailed analysis of the cases which go into more detail than what is referred to herein.
IMPORTANT LEGISLATIVE PROVISIONS:
Read More ...